- It’s getting closer to April which means the Crochet-Along starts soon, so I thought I would go ahead and release the Southern Trails supply list to you! I’m so excited to continue showing you the fabulous Color Wheel yarn by Michael’s! The shawl project is the second project in the 5 month series of the Michael’s campaign. If you didn’t see the first one…..go check out the Love Me More Scarf! You’ll love it.
Don’t forget to scroll all the way down for a chance to win a $25 Gift Card from Michael’s!
Let me give you a recap of the yarn if this is the first time you’ve seen it.
The yarn is a new addition to the Loops and Thread brand and is called Colorwheel. There are 54 colors in the line, and I can tell you by the ones they sent me….you are gonna love it! There are so many shades that compliment one another, you could spend hours trying to figure out a color scheme for your project. You’ll even get 12 variations of the color blue! At this time it is only available in the stores but is expected to be available on line very soon! I’ll be sure to come back and let you know as soon as it is available on line for sure!
Here are the specifications:
- The yarn is a (#4) worsted weight yarn
- 90 yards/1.75 oz/50 grams
- Machine wash/tumble dry low
- 100% anti-pilling
The yarn is super soft and would be what I would describe as a full #4 weight yarn. I know some worsted weight can feel lighter but this yarn is a true worsted weight.
The Colorwheel yarn was released in over 800 stores throughout the U.S. and Canada. If you want to know whether the yarn is in your local stores, Michael’s has a store finder on their page. You can easily find the store closest to you and give them a call to see if they have it!
If you aren’t a member of the ELK Studio Crocheter’s FB group…whatcha waiting on? We have all skill levels in there, so you can get your questions answered by a very supportive group of people! We actually call ourselves the ELKies!
So let’s get on with the supply list and schedule!
- Loops and Threads Colorwheel, #4 Worsted Weight Yarn, 100% Anti-pilling Acrylic, 90 yards/50g, Colorways: White (2 skeins), Light Lilac (2 skeins), Lavendar (3 skeins), Purple (3 skeins)
- Hook Size: J/6.00
- Tapestry Needle for Weaving in the ends.
Gauge: 12 dc and 8 rows = 4″
March 27th/Week 1 – Supply List and Schedule (Current)
April 10th/Week 2 – Rows 1-10
April 17th/Week 3 – Rows 11-20
April 24th/Week 4 – Rows 21-30
Please Note that schedule is subject to change as needed.
Now you need to register for a chance to win a $25 e-Gift Card from Michael’s! You will need about 10 skeins of the Color Wheel Yarn so this should work out perfectly to make the Southern Trails Shawl!
The Giveaway Rules: U.S. and Canadian Residents Only. Ends April 3, 2017 at 11:59 pm CST. The winner will be notified via email along with the first name appearing as the winner on this page. The only mandatory entry is the email address. All other entries are optional.
Each week the Main Page of the CAL will update, so if you seem to be missing one, you can just click HERE to find all of them in one place!
Follow ELK Studio on your favorite social media sites. You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
You can also register for the newsletter to stay up-to-date on the ELK Studio happenings!