When you see the word “Magic Formulas” on the front of the book……you know there must be some good stuff inside. It was an honor when Storey Publishing reached out to me for a review of “Design Your Own Crochet Projects” by Sara Delaney and sent me the book. You can get your copy on Amazon if you want (which you will). By the way, don’t forget to scroll down for a surprise.
Sara is going to take you through the process of making scarves, cowls, hats, mitts, gloves and socks and giving you all the “routine” instructions, but she goes way above and beyond anything you can imagine. Here’s how you’ll be using her book:
- You’ll get standard measurements for the accessories you plan to make
- Guidance on how to measure the person who will wear those accessories.
- A table for entering basic information such as measurements, stitches and rows per inch, and yarn weights. You’ll use these figures in the following formulas:
- A formula for figuring out how much yarn you’ll need.
- Formulas designed to give you the numbers you need to develop your pattern
- A template for writing your pattern
- Sample patterns to practice with
If you can’t tell yet, this 250 page book is absolutely incredible and full of so much information including 18 projects. You’ll also see a wonderful stitch dictionary along with some photo tutorials. You can even have access to the on-line crochet calculator that you really will want to check out.
Don’t forget to show Sara some love on Ravelry:
Click HERE for a link to her designer page.
What’s even better….you can enter the giveaway below for a chance to win a copy for yourself. The giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian addresses only and ends November 15, 2017 at 11:59 pm CST.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.