I know that if some of you really love to watch video tutorials to get you started on your projects, so I’ve done just that for you on Emory’s Christmas Tree Skirt sponsored by Premier Yarns.
The video will demonstrate Rows 1-6 which includes:
- How to start your project
- How to crochet the V-stitch
- How to crochet the X-Post stitch
- How to recognize the sequence of the pattern
If you are just seeing this post for the first time….scroll down to get a good look at the beautiful yarn while it’s on sale plus enjoy and added 10% discount with a coupon code. You can also find all the information on the Christmas Tree Skirt on the MAIN PAGE.
If you aren’t a member of the ELK Studio Crocheter’s FB group…whatcha waiting on? We have all skill levels in there, so you can get your questions answered by a very supportive group of people! We actually call ourselves the ELKies!
- Premier Home Big Cotton Glitz, #4 Worsted Weight Yarn, 83% Cotton, 15% Polyester, 2% Metallic, 490 yards/280g, Colorway: Green Gold (2 skeins), Red Gold (2 Skeins), Cream Gold (1 Skein)
- Hook Size: G/4.00
- Tapestry Needle for Weaving in the ends.
Finished Measurements: 141 ” in circumference. 45″ in width
The yarn is actually on SALE now and what a deal! Get your yarn now for $4.49/skein plus get a 10% discount using the code KL005. The code is valid until 7/25/2017.
July 3rd/Week 1 – Supply List and Schedule
July 10th/Week 2 – Panels 1-6
July 11/Week 2 – Panel Stitch Diagram
July 13th/Week 2 – Video Tutorial Rows 1-6 (Current Week)
July 17th/Week 3 – Panels 6-12
July 24th/Week 4 – Edging
Please note the schedule is subject to change as needed.
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
fpdc – front post double crochet
rem – remaining
sc – single crochet
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
Gauge: 17 dc and 9 rows = 4″
- Ch-1 at beginning of row does not count as a single crochet or the first st.
- Ch-3 at beginning of row counts as the first double crochet.
- I used the Alternative to crocheting the chain 3 stitch. You can too if you want. Here’s the link to the tutorial.
Post X-st: Skip next dc and ch-1 sp, fpdc around post of next dc, ch 1, fpdc around post of skipped dc.
V-St: (Dc, ch 1, dc) all in the same sp.
PANEL (make 12; 6 in red and 6 in green)
Each week the Main Page of the Christmas Present CAL will update, so if you seem to be missing one, you can just click HERE to find all of them in one place!
Follow ELK Studio on your favorite social media sites. You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
You can also register for the newsletter to stay up-to-date on the ELK Studio happenings!