Wow….some of the projects so far for the Dangerously Elegant Shawl are amazing! Once these projects are done….people will be seen wearing some really because shawls. Be sure to join the ELK Studio Crocheter’s Facebook group if you haven’t already. Lots of help in there for your questions about the shawl and other projects too.
You can keep up with all the information on the MAIN PAGE.
May 1/Week 1 – Supply List and Schedule
May 8th/Week 2 – Rows 1-14
May 15th/Week 3 – Rows 15-30 (Current)
May 22nd/Week 4 – Rows 31-41
**Please Note that schedule is subject to change as needed.
UPDATE: 5/8/2017 2:20 pm. Premier just gave me permission to offer 10% off the Cotton Fair yarn using the code: KL003
- Premier Cotton Fair, #2 Weight Yarn, 52% Cotton, 48% Acrylic, 317 yards/100g, Colorways: White (1 ball), Bright Pink (1 ball), Baby Pink (2 balls)
- Hook Size: G/4.00mm
- Tapestry Needle for Weaving in the ends.
Gauge: 20 dc and 10 rows = 4″
Finished Measurement: 63″ x 15″
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
V-st(s): (dc, ch, dc)
- Ch 3 counts as the first dc in the pattern. (Check out an alternative method)
- If you decided to use the alternative method when you see the Ch 4, you would complete alternative method and chain one.
- If you decided to use the alternative method when you see the Ch 5, you would complete alternative method and chain two.
- I suggest that you use stitch markers for your starting chain. Place a stitch marker every 20 stitches so that you can keep up with your count easier.
- For a larger or smaller project, you can chain multiples of 6 plus 2.
Picking up the pattern where you left off. If this is the first time seeing this pattern and you need other parts, you can click on the MAIN PAGE to get caught up.
Row 15: Using White, ch 4, skip next ch-1 sp, dc in next st, *ch 1, skip next ch-1 sp, dc in next st, repeat from * across, turn. (151 dc, 150 ch-1 sps)
Row 16: Ch 1, sc in first st, ch 1, skip next ch-1 sp, *sc in next st, ch 1, skip next ch-1 sp, repeat from * across until last st, sc in top of ch 3, turn. (151 sc, 150 ch-1 sps)
Rows 17-20: Using Bright Pink, repeat Rows 15-16 twice.
Row 21: Using Baby Pink, ch 4, dc in first st, *skip next (ch-1 sp, sc) 2 times**, V-st (See Special Stitches) in next ch-1 sp, V-st in next st, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, skip last ch-1 sp, V-st in last sc, turn. (100 V-sts)
Row 22: Ch 4, dc in next ch-1 sp, skip next (2 dc, ch-1 sp), *(V-st in next st) 2 times, skip next (ch-1 sp, 2 dc, ch-1 sp)**, repeat from * across, ending last repeat at **, V-st in top of ch 3, turn. (100 V-sts)
Rows 23-30: Repeat Row 22 (8 times)
Keep Up with the CAL on the MAIN PAGE!
Follow ELK Studio on your favorite social media sites. You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
You can also register for the newsletter to stay up-to-date on the ELK Studio happenings!