You’ve made it to the last part of the Dangerously Elegant Shawl! I’m so proud and in awe of all the beautiful projects that I’ve seen so far. If you want to checkout all the different colors and such, join the ELK Studio Crocheter’s Facebook group if you haven’t already. You’ll have a great time in there….I promise.Please Favorite or Queue in Ravelry!
You can keep up with all the information on the MAIN PAGE.
May 1/Week 1 – Supply List and Schedule
May 8th/Week 2 – Rows 1-14
May 15th/Week 3 – Rows 15-30
May 22nd/Week 4 – Rows 31-41 (Current)
UPDATE: 5/8/2017 2:20 pm. Premier just gave me permission to offer 10% off the Cotton Fair yarn using the code: KL003 which is valid until June 8th!
- Premier Cotton Fair, #2 Weight Yarn, 52% Cotton, 48% Acrylic, 317 yards/100g, Colorways: White (1 ball), Bright Pink (1 ball), Baby Pink (2 balls)
- Hook Size: G/4.00mm
- Tapestry Needle for Weaving in the ends.
Gauge: 20 dc and 10 rows = 4″
Finished Measurement: 63″ x 15″
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
V-st(s): (dc, ch, dc)
- Ch 3 counts as the first dc in the pattern. (Check out an alternative method)
- If you decided to use the alternative method when you see the Ch 4, you would complete alternative method and chain one.
- If you decided to use the alternative method when you see the Ch 5, you would complete alternative method and chain two.
- I suggest that you use stitch markers for your starting chain. Place a stitch marker every 20 stitches so that you can keep up with your count easier.
- For a larger or smaller project, you can chain multiples of 6 plus 2.
Picking up the pattern where you left off. If this is the first time seeing this pattern and you need other parts, you can click on the MAIN PAGE to get caught up.
You Aren’t Repeating Row 30. It is listed here as a reference for you to begin with Row 31.
Row 30: Using Baby Pink, ch 4, dc in next ch-1 sp, skip next (2 dc, ch-1 sp), *(V-st in next st) 2 times, skip next (ch-1 sp, 2 dc, ch-1 sp)**, repeat from * across, ending last repeat at **, V-st in top of ch 3, turn. (100 V-sts)
Rows 31-36: Repeat Row 30 (6 times.)
Note: You will need to add one stitch to Row 37 (preferably in the middle of the project).
Row 37: Ch 1, sc in first st and each ch-1 sp and st across, placing 2 sc in any random single st. (301 sc)
Row 38: Using White, ch 1, sc in first st, sc in next st and each rem st across, turn. (301 sc)
Row 39: Using Bright Pink, ch 4, skip next st, dc in next st, *ch 1, skip next st, dc in next st, repeat from * across, turn. (151 dc, 150 ch-1 sps)
Row 40: Ch 1, sc in first st, *ch 1, skip next ch-1 sp, sc in next st, repeat from * across until last ch-1 sp, ch 1, skip next ch-1 sp, dc in top of ch 3, turn. (151 sc, 150 ch-1 sps)
Row 41: Ch 1, sc in first st and each ch-1 sp and st across. (301 sc)
Fasten off. Weave in the ends.
Keep Up with the CAL on the MAIN PAGE!
Follow ELK Studio on your favorite social media sites. You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
You can also register for the newsletter to stay up-to-date on the ELK Studio happenings!