Oh…the fun you’ll have with this project! These cute little hats will help continue to create those memories and work up fairly quickly to keep their attention. You know how kiddos love to use scissors right? Well….this project is right up their alley. Just make sure you are there with them because we don’t want any “short-bang” mishaps… <snicker>
Let’s not forget to thank Premier Yarns for sponsoring these terrific Kid’s Christmas Projects!
I probably had way more fun making these projects than I really should. It’s been a long time since I played around with kid projects and this one is super easy and the clean up is easy because all you’ll be using is yarn, an empty toilet paper roll and scissors! Let’s get started!
- Premier Everyday, Worsted Weight Yarn, #4 Worsted Weight, 100% Acrylic, Colorways: Really Red, Christmas Green, and Snow White.
- Paper Toilet Roll (One roll will make 4 hats if you cut it into 1″ sections)
- Cut 1″ sections of the empty toilet paper roll which should give you 4 pieces for hats.
- You will cut 30-40 strands of 12-14″ pieces of yarn.
- Insert the cut end of both strands of the yarn under the card board.
- Pull the 2 ends of the yarn through the loop and pull tightly.
- Continue adding the yarn in the following sequence:
- Really Red
- Snow White
- Christmas Green
- Once you’ve added all the yarn, take the yarn ends and pull them up through. With a 7-8″ piece of yarn, tie around the yarn then tie a knot (This can be used to hang on the tree).
- Cut off the yarn to your desired length for the hat.
I hope you’ll have fun making this project and be sure to stay tuned from other projects coming your way! Thanks again to Premier Yarns for sponsoring the ELKies!
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
Follow ELK Studio on your favorite social media sites. You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
You can also register for the newsletter to stay up-to-date on the ELK Studio happenings!
Leave a Reply