Did you catch my Facebook Live event debuting the Loops and Threads Kaleidoscope and Barcelona yarn by Michael’s? They are sponsoring the ELKies once again with some amazing yarns!
Today, I’ll be sharing the Soul Searching Scarf with you using the Kaleidoscope yarn. It’s a wonderful super bulky weight yarn made up of mainly acrylic with a little bit of wool too! It’s a squishy and soft yarn that I’m sure you’ll love.
Plus…..one of the great benefits of working with a super bulky yarn is that it won’t take you very long to crochet your projects! The Soul Searching Scarf will make great Christmas projects too everyone!
- Loops and Threads Kaleidoscope Yarn, 90% Acyrlic, 20% Wool, 77 yards/100g, Colorway: Crystal (3 skeins) Please note that if you change hook size or want a longer project, you should purchase more than 3 skeins. I would recommend 4-5 skeins
- Hook Size: K/6.50
- Tapestry Needle for Weaving in the ends.
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
Gauge: 10 sc and 13 rows = 4″
Finished Measurement: 50″ x 6″
3-dc Cluster st: (Yo, insert hook into stitch, yo, pull up a loop, yo, pull through 2 loops) 3 times, yo pull through all 4 loops on the hook. Click HERE for a video tutorial.
- Ch 3 in the first st is not considered the first st in the pattern.
- Ch 1 in the first st is not considered the first st in the pattern.
- If you want to use an alternative to the ch 3 as the first st, click HERE.
Row 1: Ch 102, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch and each rem ch across, turn. (101 sc)
Row 2: Ch 3 (See Pattern Notes), *ch 1, skip next st, dc in next st, repeat from * across, turn. (51 dc, 50 ch-1 sps)
Row 3: Ch 1, 2 sc in first st, *cluster over ch-1 sp in st of row below, sc in next st, repeat from * across until last st, 2 sc in last st. (53 sc, 50 cl)
Row 4: Ch 3, *ch 1, skip next st, dc in next st, repeat from * across, turn. (52 dc, 51 ch-1 sps)
Rows 5-13: Repeat Rows 3-4
Row 14: Ch 1, sc in next st and each rem st across. Fasten off. Weave in the ends. (115 sc)
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
Follow ELK Studio on your favorite social media sites. You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
You can also register for the newsletter to stay up-to-date on the ELK Studio happenings!