I sat down earlier today and decided to crochet a Christmas placemat for the Christmas Season! I loved how it turned out and wanted to share with you. I didn’t have intentions of sharing the pattern, but a few of you wanted the pattern…so of course I’ll share with you!
- Omega Sinfonia Yarn, #2 Sport Weight Yarn, 100 grams/218 yards, 100% Mercerized Cotton, Colorway: (2 Skeins) C824/Burdeos, (1 Skein) C801/Blanco
- H Hook/5.0mm
- Tapestry Needle for weaving in the ends.
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
rem – remaining
sc – single crochet
sl st – slip stitch
st – stitch
Gauge: 13 sts and 6 rows = 4″
Finished Measurements: 16 1/2″ x 13″ (I am going to give you a starting chain that will lengthen your project to measure 18″. I think you will be happier with it being a little wider.
- Ch 3 at the beginning of a row counts as the first dc.
- Ch 1 at the beginning of a row does not count as the first sc.
- I used 2 strands of yarn together.
- Chain any even number of stitches to decrease or increase the project.
Row 1: Using Burdeos, Ch 60, dc in 4th chain from hook, dc in next ch and each rem ch across, turn. (58 sts)
Row 2: Ch 3 (See Pattern Notes), dc in next st and each rem st across, turn.
Row 3: Join Blanco, Ch 1 (See Pattern Notes), sc in first st, sc in next st and each rem st across, turn.
Row 4: Join Burdeos, Ch 3, dc in next st and each rem st across, turn.
Row 5: Repeat Row 4
Row 6: Join 1 strand of Blanco and one strand of Burdeos, Ch 3, sc in next st, *dc in next st, sc in next st, repeat from * across, turn.
Row 7: Ch 3, sc in next st, *dc in next st, sc in next st, repeat from * across, turn.
Rows 8-26 : Repeat Row 7
Rows 27-28 : Repeat Row 4
Row 29: Repeat Row 3
Rows 30-31 : Repeat Row 4, Fasten Off. Weave in the ends.
Round 1: With the RS facing, 3 sc in last st, sc evenly down the side, 3 sc in first st of the foundation row, sc in next st and each remaining st across, 3 sc in last st, sc evenly up the side, sl st to the first st. Fasten Off. Weave in the ends.