It’s that time again for another fun and elegant project. Project #2 is all about feeling and looking elegant with a timeless shawl. Since it’s for a Christmas Project, I decided to use Shawl in a Cake by Lion Brand. The colorway Namaste Neutrals which has a little sparkle and shine to it makes the Soft Pebble Shawl the perfect gift.
Since you’ve been waiting a couple of weeks for the announcement of this pattern, I’m going to give you the supply list along with the pattern with the exception of the edging. I thought this was a perfect compromise so you didn’t have to wait any longer. Now you can get started!
Don’t forget that you can catch up on ALL the 2018 Christmas Present Crochet-Along Projects on the Main Page!
Hey! Tell me…..do you think a small simple edging would be perfect or something with more detail?
- Shawl in a Cake by Lion Brand, # 4 weight yarn, 481 yards/150 grams, 61% cotton, 34% acrylic, 5% other, colorway: Namaste (2 cakes)
- G Hook/4.0mm
- Tapestry Needle
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sp(s) – space(s)
tr – treble
3-double crochet decrease (3dc decrease) – YO, insert hook into next st, YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, insert hook into next st, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, insert hook into next st, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, pull through last remaining 4 loops on the hook.
- Ch 1 is not considered the first sc in the row.
- Ch 3 is considered the first dc in the row. You can use the alternative st if you want to try it out.
- Ch 4 is considered the first tr in the row.
- Ch 6 is considered the first tr and ch-2 in the row.
- Multiples of 4 plus 2
- Do not use the entire second ball! I’ll have more information next week about the edging unless you want a really long shawl then buying 3 cakes might be better for you.
Row 1: Ch 82, sc in 2nd ch from the hook and each rem ch across, turn. (81 sc)
Row 2: Ch 1 (See Pattern Notes), sc in first st, *ch 5, skip next 3 sts, sc in next st, repeat from * across, turn. (20 ch-5 sps)
Row 3: Ch 4 (See Pattern Notes), 3 dc in next ch-5 sp, *ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-5 sp, repeat from * across until last st, tr in the last st, turn. (2 treble, 60 dc)
Row 4: Ch 3 (See Pattern Notes), dc in next 3 sts, *ch 1, skip next ch-1 sp, dc in next 3 sts, repeat from * across until last st, dc in top of ch 4, turn. (62 dc, 19 ch-1 sps)
Row 5: Ch 6 (See Pattern Notes), *3dc decrease (See Special Stitches)**, ch 5, skip next ch-1 sp, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, ch 2, tr in top of ch 3, turn. (20 3dc decrease)
Row 6: Ch 1, sc in first st, (ch 5, sc) in next ch-5 sp and each ch-5 sp across ending with last sc in top of ch 4, turn. (20 ch-5 sps)
Repeat Rows 3-6 until you have reached your desired width. Fasten off. Weave in the ends.