When I submitted the original design last year for the Summer 2016 issue of Crochet! Magazine, it was an incredible honor to receive the email telling me it was accepted. The Tori Crescent Shawl is my very first time being featured in a magazine, and I couldn’t be happier! What better way to celebrate than to have a Crochet-Along right?
The design is a fun and easy project to crochet. You’ll love the intentional design of the pattern because I kept in mind that you are going for style and don’t want to be bothered with continually worrying about it falling off your shoulders. It will stay in place leaving your mind and hands free from worry!
Let’s get to the business of details for the upcoming CAL!
- We will officially kick off the Tori Crescent Shawl Crochet-Along on April 2, 2016 (around 10 am CST)…..so a week from today! I’m hoping that will give you enough time to get your subscription (if you don’t already have one) and buy the yarn.
- If you need to purchase the subscription for the Summer 2016 Issue of Crochet! Magazine, click HERE!
- The CAL will be held in the ELK Studio Crocheters Group. If you are not a member, click HERE to join! (You will request to join the group and someone will approve your request as quickly as possible).
- You will honestly love the group as there are all different levels of crocheters in the group from a beginner to an advanced crocheter. We are very supportive and try to answer all questions related to crochet. Don’t worry if you need help during the CAL….just ask your questions, and we’ll be there to help you!
Now for the Supply List!
- Yarn – Cascade Yarns, Ultra Pima Cotton, #3 (DK weight), 3.5 oz/100 grams, 220 yards, 2 skeins each #3732 aqua and #3739 lime, 3 skeins #9782 carnival mix
- Size G/4mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry Needle
Gauge: 8 V-sts and 10 rows = 4″
I wanted to show you the original design that I used for submission to the magazine. I used the hand-dyed yarn from my local yarn store, Yarnhouse Studio. You should check out their yarn! It’s a lovely yarn and really fun to use and you can see how beautiful and vibrant the colors are!
I know you’ll enjoy the Crochet-Along! If you have any questions, please let me know by sending me an email at email@example.com. I’ll answer your questions as quickly as possible.
See you next week…in the meantime, get those hooks and yarn ready for some fun!
Leave a Reply