UPDATE: After some discussion, the dates for sending the packages have changed. The new information is listed below in bold letter at the bottom of the post. The change is to allow a more equitable opportunity for everyone to win. Thank you for your understanding.
You know I have a heart for charity work and helping those in need. I would love for you to join me and 9 of my Crochet Blogging Friends. Over the next two weeks we all will be participating in an all out crochet, hat making fun time!! We all will be making hats and other crochet items to donate to Crochet For Cancer and Hooks of Hope!! And to top it off my crochet friends and I have put together a whole list of Free Crochet Patterns just for you to use! Here’s an added bonus for all your hard work in giving to this event. Red Heart has put together a great prize package to worth $125
My Merry Messy Life has organized this wonderful event… and here are my other great friend who have provided some of their free patterns…
This is such a great chance to meet some of my crochet blogger friends and try out their great FREE Patterns and Pay it forward!! Here is a list of our Free Patterns:
- Moose Beanie All Sizes
- Fox Beanie All Sizes
- Lion Beanie All Sizes
- Sugar Love Beanie Baby Sizes
- Cheery Lime Adult Beanie Adult Size
- Baby Boy Beanie with Pom Pom Preemie and Baby Sizes
- Crochet Monster Hat Toddler and Child Sizes
- Basic Single Crochet Beanie All Sizes
- Basic Half Double Crochet Beanie All Sizes
- Jake the Dog Hat Child Size
- Blue’s Clues Hat Child Size
- Cute and Warm Beanie with Bow All Sizes
- Holiday Hats All Sizes
- Free Simple Single Crochet Beanie All Sizes
- Bright Stripes Beanie Child and Adult Sizes
- Walkabout Slouch Toddler, Child, Adult
- Easy Preemie Hat
- Morning Frost Hat Adult Size
- Country Appeal Hat and Matching Scarf Adult Size
- Mystic Beanie Adult Size
- Cabled Hat with Brim Adult Size
- Leaping Stripes and Blocks Beanies All Sizes
- Must be new – never worn
- Clean – free of perfume, pet hair and smoke
- Placed individually in clear ziplock style plastic bags
- Soft yarn is best cotton, acrylic, silk, fleece or a blend is best.
- Do not use wool or alpaca as they can irritate the scalp.
- We accept baby, children, youth, and adult hats.
- Please use patterns that do not have gaps or large holes.
- A tighter stitch is best so that it covers the scalp.
- Be sure to wash your hands on a regular basis while making the caps.
If you would like to donate another item or something else… Here is what they will accept!!!~
- Blankets (all sizes)
- Prayer Shawls
- Be creative, we accept any type of gift item to give to a person fighting cancer. For
- example, a crochet pink ribbon pin to support breast cancer awareness.
- Yarn, Yarn, Yarn!!!
- Gift cards to purchase yarn and supplies from the following locations:
- Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, AC Moore Crafts, WalMart, and JoAnn Fabric.
Please Mail Your Package to:
Hooks of Hope
c/o Melissa Wortmann
P.O. Box 163
Neffs, PA 18065
We would still love for you to take part by donating your projects to your local hospitals
or charities. Let us know what you’re up to by sharing on social media!
The Fabulous Prize ~ $125 Worth of Yarn From Red Heart!
In order to qualify for the Red Heart Yarn prize package, you must complete 4 projects now through April 20, 2014 and mail them to Hooks of Hope AFTER the two weeks have ended. The first person whose package is received by Hooks of Hope *UPDATE… All packages containing 4 projects that are POSTMARKED between April 14-28th will be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing!!! A great Prize Package worth $125!! Drawing will take place 3 weeks after eligibility period is over to ensure there is plenty of time for packages to arrive!!
LET’S MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!
Have a great day and be blessed!